Monday, November 29, 2010

Golmaal 2

As you can see in my previous post I watch a lot of bollywood (indian cinema) movies.
To expend my knowledge I watch every genre and also from the different regions in India.
There are a few reasons why I watch them: Some of them I watch because the movie won awards, some of them I watch for the great music / dance, some of them because I heard a lot about it.
The latter was the reason I watched Golmaal 2, simply because I heard about it.
My expectations were not high, also the 4.6 on imdb didn't help.
I don't know what it is with Indian comedy's, but I almost never like them, except Garam Masala and 3 Idiots, that one was fantastic, but also a serious movie.
Don't get me wrong I like comedy movies from hollywood, but bollywood....nahin.
The movie looked glamorous, fashionable and high production value, with some actors that really can act (I liked Ajay Devgn in OUATIM, Raajneeti, Omkara, Deewangi.. ), but in this movie everything is kind of flat. It reminded me of the movie 'All the best'.



A big important part of watching bollywood movies of for me the music, the songs, the dances.
The music in Golmaal 2 sounds okay, the picturisations look cool, but there are only 3 songs in the movie (including the end credits). Also the song 'Tha Kar Ke' is exact the reggeaton song 'Impacto - Daddy Yankee'.
What I also dislike in a lot of bollywood comedy's is that there's every second a soundbite of the title of the movie. I know the movie that I'm watching people, I don't have to be reminded of it, it also takes me out of the movie experience.

I applaud the effort and I know a lot of people like the movie, but I guess it's just not my cup of ginger chai. So maybe someone can tell me an Indian comedy that I really have to watch?










Next movies to watch:
Maryada Ramanna (South Indian)
The Blue Umbrella (Hindi)
Sachein (South Indian)
Khamoshi: The Musical (Hindi)

No comments:

Post a Comment